- After a long and adventurous 100 years of life, Cayman’s first governor,
Mr. Athelstan Long passed away this past Wednesday. Through his vital
contributions and integrative approach within government, he will be
greatly missed by us all.
- The Verdant Isle group has officially been selected as the preferred bidder for the new cruise and cargo port in George Town Harbour.
- The annual green iguana survey will be conducted this month at 158 sites across the island, indicating whether the culling programme is making an impact.
- They say that money can’t buy happiness? Well then you’ve obviously never paid for an adoption fee. The Good Dog Program has
announced that 18 good boys and girls are looking for a home and plan
to keep helping The Cayman Islands Humane Society with training rescue
dogs to be ready for adoption.
- It’s time to go green, because government announced on Tuesday that some electric cars and bicycles have had their import duty cut to zero. Make the switch today to save the planet tomorrow!