Of all the holidays that come and go each year, Valentine’s Day is the one that really puts into perspective on which stage your romantic relationship resides, especially if you are single. Thanks for the reminder, am I right?!
Now considering this holiday ultimately has two different points of view, we are here to give you the lowdown on how you can have a great time this Valentine’s Day whether you’re in a relationship or riding the single train.
For all the beautiful couples out there, Cayman doesn’t even need to try when it comes to setting the mood. From its beautiful blue waters to captivating sunsets, it would seem as if our island was specifically catered for this special holiday. Cayman is here to accommodate you and your special someone with the perfect agenda on how you can both reconnect and enjoy some quality time together.
For the couples:
- There’s no better way to start off your morning than with a stroll along our iconic Seven Mile Beach. Enjoy basking in the sun all while taking in the salty sea breeze. Just don’t forget to wear your sunblock!
- After enjoying the sun and sea, it’s time for the most important meal of the day. Head over to some of our fave breakfast stops: Icoa, Cimboco, Jessie’s Juice Bar, and Sunshine Grill.
- Don’t forget to show your loved one you care by taking a trip to the spa. From couple massages to relaxing face and body exfoliations the Kimpton, Westin and the Ritz-Carlton will undoubtedly put you in a meditative state that will leave a lasting impression.
- For lunch, don’t hesitate to explore all the island has to offer. Visit that spot you have both been talking about trying. It’s never too late to try something new.
- Speaking of trying something new, fly high above the Caribbean Sea by taking a helicopter tour or parasailing excursion. That bird’s eye view really puts things into perspective, doesn’t it?
- Lastly for dinner, wine and dine your significant other by enjoying a seaside view at some of Cayman’s most romantic spots: Casanova’s by the Sea, Beach House Restaurant at The Westin, the Brasserie, Luca and Agua. Just don’t forget to make a reservation, it is Valentine’s Day after all.
As for all the single ladies and men out there, Valentine’s Day can be a real struggle to get through. That said, Cayman has you covered with a variety of activities that will put your struggles at the wayside and more importantly help you focus on the person that matters most…you!
- Don’t stay inside and be a couch potato, get out and enjoy the beautiful weather and head to the beach to get some sun. Better yet, take this time to reflect on how great it is that you don’t have to wait two hours to get a table. Ahh what a relief!
- If beachin’ it isn’t up your alley, nurture your inner explorer and check out the Crystal Caves, Stingray City, or Royal Botanic Park to be immersed in natural beauty. These excursions are truly captivating and will definitely put you in the right state of mind. Remember, you’re not single, you’re just in a long term relationship with action, adventure and fun.
- For those that are trying to forget about their ex, check out Cayman Spirits distillery for an exclusive tour and sampling of how their tasty spirits are made. Remember these wise words: “Roses are red, violets are blue, rum costs less than a dinner for two.”
- For singles wanting to hit the dancefloor, Cayman Cabana is a great spot to get a drink with friends and dance the night away.
- Lastly, it’s very important to remember that being single doesn’t mean that you are weak, but more importantly shows that you are strong enough to wait for what you deserve.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Big love, #TeamTower