Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Marketing Assistant is responsible for assisting with the development and execution of marketing strategies to meet agreed company and client objectives and must be able to build trust, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on delivery to clients, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively, and demonstrate high integrity.
The Marketing Assistant will assist the Client Services Representatives with responsibilities for larger clients and will have sole responsibility for managing smaller clients and appropriate projects.
- To work independently while starting projects without direction.
- To assist with the development and production of new client presentations and RFPs.
- Project management including planning, budgeting and execution to ensure deliverables are achieved on time.
- To ensure all marketing and communications tactics are delivered on strategy and on time.
- To proactively establish and maintain effective professional relationships with clients, suppliers and staff.
- To identify potential client sponsorships and promotions and to develop appropriate publicity and advertising for same.
- To create and deliver monthly client activity reports and media clippings.
- To oversee specific client marketing activities, including but not limited to:
- produce (write, edit, and proofread) and distribute press releases, advertisements, editorial content, newsletters;
- coordinate design and production of promotional materials and print collateral;
- manage of client social media marketing, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.;
- compose and send out emailing communications via MailChimp and Constant Contact;
- web and blog site maintenance;
- create, monitor and manage budgets for marketing activities.
- To organize conference/event planning and execution (organize client and supplier meetings, event branding, sponsorship, promotion, registration, etc.)
- To maintain and ensure adherence to the client’s brand principles and guidelines.
- Degree in Marketing or similar or a minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience.
- Understanding of integrated marketing communications and media planning.
- Proven experience of developing, maintaining and delivering on marketing strategies to meet company objectives, and a strong understanding of client and market dynamics and requirements.
- Must demonstrate excellent business acumen.
- Previous management/supervisory experience.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Online experience in both social media marketing and website development and maintenance.
- Advanced MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Adobe Acrobat.
Creative Thinker – proven track record of coming up with creative, out of the box ideas, concepts and approaches.
Ability to Move Ideas into Action – ability to take creative ideas and concepts and those of others and turn them into effective marketing communications messaging and materials
Organizational Skills – demonstrates an ability to structure workflow efficiently and effectively, manage priorities and multi-task successfully
Communication – possesses clear and concise English grammar and demonstrates superior written and verbal communications skills
Interpersonal Skills – interacts and communicates strongly with all levels of clients, suppliers, media, and staff
Attention to Detail – possesses a keen eye for detail; performs to exceptional standards of quality and workmanship
Sense of Urgency – accomplishes tasks quickly and accurately with minimal direction and supervision; ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task successfully
Results Driven – self-motivated towards achieving company and client marketing goals and deliver within tight deadlines
Collaborative – exhibits team spirit and the ability to be a team player
Constructive – exudes high energy and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
Integrity – willing to accept high level of responsibility for own actions; trustworthy and discreet
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Or click here to submit your CV online.